Gerry Cohen, Senior Reliability Consultant, Ops A La Carte, LLC
Designing for Reliability
• Quantify product limits & understand user stresses
• Products fail due to variations or limited environments where stress exceeds strength
• Stress and strength distributions – Stress / Strength / Fail Region
This Webinar will Address:
• The Issues, Failure Modes & Elements
•Counterfeit and Industry Solutions
•SAE Standards AS 5553 and AS 6081
•Supply Chain Legal and Sourcing Solutions
•Tess,, Verification, Calidation & Disposition
•Risks, Liability, Reliability & Sustainability
Reliability Screening to Reduce Field Failures – Webinar
by James McLinn, Ops A La Carte, 11-13-2013
• Past reliability field data suggests problems may exist with new repairable systems when put into the field
• New systems under perform within a few months of release
• The “system failure” usually have several major modes.
• A variety of new Failure Modes were discovered after release of prior systems.
• Fail Modes may only be part of evident field problems.
• What percent of reliability resources do you currently devote to prevention vs. fixing problems?
• Have you ever had a major field failure that caused a redesign after shipping?